Friday 13 February 2009

Condo cleaning duty


Maiyuu is on cleaning duty at the new condo.

Without prompting from me, he took himself off to our new inner-city condo this morning to do a thorough clean before the furniture arrives.

We have yet to move anything from our present place in Thon Buri to the condo, as we signed the rental contract only a couple of days ago, and these things take a while to organise.

Yesterday, Maiyuu sold several bags of his clothes to a second-hand dealer, who paid B1000 for the lot.

Maiyuu's clothes, which he packed in large black rubbish bags, have sat in the living room for months waiting for a buyer. Not before time, of course, but finally, we are rid of those awful bulky bags.

In other pre-move jobs, yesterday he photocopied pages from my passport, which I forgot to give the owner when I met her this week.

He also cut me a copy of the keys to the place, and stored a few more household belongings in packing boxes.

About midnight last night, he visited a friend in this condo who owns a truck, to see if it would be big enough to move our furniture. No luck. He will try somewhere else instead.

While at the new condo today, he will ask about installing hi-speed internet, which I need for my work, and satellite television, which he needs in his capacity as Good Housewife Who Deserves Time Out.

Before he left this morning, he spent half an hour adjusting his clothes in front of the mirror, making sure he looked right.

Maiyuu wore a pair of close-fitting pants and a T-shirt with collar and large stripes. Of course he looked great.

'You might wreck those clothes if you are cleaning,' I warned him.

'I have packed a pair of rough clothes. I will change into them when I get there,' he said.

He took with him a large shoulder bag, which also included cleaning gear.

'Do I look ugly?'he asked.

'You look wonderful,' I told him.

'It's an illusion. I might look good now, but I look different before a shower,' he said pragmatically.

'But we go for the whole package. I love you because of who you are, not just how you look,' I reminded him.

I also urged him to eat.

'I will take a meal on the main drag close to the condo, so I can survey the local territory,' he said.

So organised...well done.

3 comments:

  1. "But we go for the whole package. I love you because of who you are, not just how you look,' I reminded him."

    Sweet.

    Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you and Maiyuu do something special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish u good ! keep on writing !

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.