Monday 3 August 2020

Ball: Family man makes good

Ball, now grown up, with the kids
Ball and his girlfriend Jay, now parents to two daughters, moved out of the slum in 2019 to their own rental place nearby. 

I haven't been to see them at their new place as I can't be bothered travelling, even a short distance.

I no longer drink, so the bond on which our friendship was forged has weakened. I still see him occasionally if I am passing his mother's place and he has dropped in for a visit; I stop for a quick chat. However, months go past without contact.

When we meet, he is inevitably distracted looking after his kids or talking about the minutiae of life as a messenger for a business in town. 

Once, I would have taken an interest, but now he is grown into a young adult I no longer feel the need to get involved. 

His mother is out of jail and still rattles about the slum, though all but one of her children have now moved out. Idle taxi driver Lord is still there, though I seldom see him in the slum - perhaps he has finally motivated himself to go and out and work.

Two of the most recent posts before I went on hiatus are here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.