Sunday 16 April 2006

Opening words

Young soldiers in Sathaheep, where my partner taught cheerleading

Welcome.

This blog is one foreigner's tales of the life in Bangkok which he shares with his Thai boyfriend, an avid cook. I supply diary stories, tales about the boyfriend, and glimpses inside his kitchen.

It is fun living with a Thai, and sharing my life with Thais. Fitting into a foreign culture is not easy, but it's a great experience. How to describe the challenge? This is how I put it in an email to my parents once:

'The trick is making the transition from mere spectator or outsider to someone who is accepted, at least to some extent, and who feels he is making a contribution. I suspect a foreigner can do well if he works hard, is lucky, and finds a niche for his talents.'

True?

1 comment:

  1. 1 comment:

    Anonymous12 August 2009 at 20:07
    I completely agree with your statement and commend you on that! By the way your bog is very interesting in that it is different---same contents as others presented in a different format.


    v

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.