Friday 1 February 2008

Temptation (4, final)


However, the pair's breakup was to be some months in the future.

When Nok was reunited with kathoey Top at the naval training camp that weekend, Top was still working her powers on him.

I avoided them, so I can't tell you how she did it. I do recall the journey over there, though.

While driving, Todd keeps his passengers entertained.

Todd struck ram thai (traditional Thai dance) poses with his right hand, while using his left hand to drive. His Pomeranian dog, Foogoh, sat in his lap.

Thai girls learn Thai traditional dance at school. I suspect many Thai men can perform the hand movements too, though you might have to press them before they show you.

Years ago, in the market where I live, local performers used to put on ram thai shows at weekends. Young men played xylophones to accompany the dancers.

The tinkering sound drifted across from a vacant, overgrown block of land on which they set up their stage, which I could see from my condo.

Today, the site has been developed into a bar-b-que restaurant.

I have not seen impressionable Nok since he split up with Bic.

Bic has gone back to her home province in Chon Buri, where we spent that weekend at the naval training camp.

However, the charming Todd and his tall boyfriend Benz are still with us. I like having gay friends in the same condo.

When I see them, I know we have something in common. We understand each other, even if we don't see each other much socially.

The solidarity of being around other gays can be a comforting thing - when all about elsewhere is kathoey temptation and change!

1 comment:

  1. One X-Thai bf told me they all learn to dance in school. I don't know if it is true, but he did show me some Thai Ram dance gestures....you would love going
    to the school near Lopburi where
    they teach Thai dance. You can watch them practice. Many handsome Thai guys there. I don't understand how they can do it in such heat and humidity, but ...they are Thai.... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.