Saturday 31 January 2009

Absent lover


My partner Maiyuu is on temple retreat. Looking after me is hard work, he says.

When I came home last night, the place was in darkness. Normally, it is lit up brightly, and Maiyuu is busy in the kitchen making something, with the TV going in the background.

Last night, nothing. When I called his number, no answer.

At midnight, I went downstairs to pick up an order of food which he had phoned through to a stall nearby.

Even though he is not here, he is still thinking of his awkward, demanding farang boyfriend.

Maiyuu says he will be away until Sunday, meditating at a temple close to Bangkok.

The other night, he said he was worried I would send a private detective to tail him, after I joked about wanting to know where he would stay.

'Yes, I have hired a detective for B500 a day to trace you and report on your whereabouts,' I joked.

'That's bad behaviour. You don't trust me,' he said.

I explained that I was not serious. Thais enjoy conspiracy theories and intrigue, especially if they are related to jealousy. If I hired a PI, it shows I really cared.

'You know me better than that - I am too mean with money to spend B500 a day on something so trivial,' I said.

That was a joke, too. Thankfully, he understood.

He went supermarket shopping at 5am yesterday, then carried on to the mall to buy a few extras, and to Silom, to buy me some clothes. He returned shortly before I left for the office.

I gave him a kiss as I left. Standing at the door for a final goodbye, I asked Maiyuu to smile for me.

He has a stunning smile. I wanted to remember that, to keep me company over the next two days.

5 comments:

  1. You should be happy that he has enough mental well-being to know when it is time to take a break and meditate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After meditation, he will treat you better! Why didn't you join him too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. post a pic of Maiyuu pleasef

    ReplyDelete
  4. My bf works a lot of nights at the restaurant, it's hard being alone in a dark house : /
    I hope you get your bf back soon! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was Once: Yes, I am lucky that he knows when he take a break. I don't want to drive Maiyuu nuts!

    Twilight Zone: He wanted a break away from me and his life at home. If I went with him, he could hardly have that.

    Kevo33: He's now back, thank you, thought I haven't seen him yet...I'll be home in another hour or so!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.