Sunday 25 January 2009

Just don't show me the weight scale

Boyfriend Maiyuu made keow dumplings and sen lek noodles for breakfast.

When I went out to the kitchen to give him a thank-you kiss, he presented a tray of mussels. 'They're for lunch, with cheese,' he said temptingly.

'I'm going away to see my parents in six weeks - how will I lose weight, if you keep making all this good food?' I asked.

'No one forces you to eat it,'he said.

Maiyuu has been experimenting with different cheeses in his cooking. The other day he asked me which farang cheeses taste best.

'Tasty cheddar, blue cheese...but avoid ordinary cheddar, or those awful cheese sticks,' I said.

'I don't want smelly cheese,' said Maiyuu.

Unlike Maiyuu, I do like smelly cheese, so I recommended blue cheese anyway.

Maiyuu went to the supermarket and bought the cheese I put on his list, trusting I would not let him buy old cheese.

He was surprised when he arrived home to find that I had duped him.

Blue cheese smells!

He disliked the pong, but found it tasted better than he thought, and is also a potent ingredient in cooking.

Now, Maiyuu looks for new opportunities daily to grill or melt his cheeses.

The latest is mussels with grilled cheese on top. Last night, he made mini-pizzas with an eggplant, and roti base, again with grilled cheese on top.

I thought the diet could wait. 'Looking fat is better than going without food,' I said.

Maiyuu patted my stomach.

'I thought you'd say that.'

3 comments:

  1. ohhhhh cheeeeeses. whether it's the european or the antipodean ones, it's just YUMMY. but seriously, mister dreamer, how do you manage the cost? these cheses are f***ing expensive here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Bf works at a local brewpub/ restaurant and brought home key lime cheesecake and peanut butter cheesecake last night. So much for the diet i keep talking about.
    Cheddar is a fantastic cheese- the sharper the better! I'm not a fan of blue though. I think Gouda is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BB: I am trying not to think about how much the cheese must cost. Luckily, I do not go food shopping with Maiyuu, so I don't see how much he spends. I agree, cheese here is expensive.

    Kevo33: My God, keylime pie...I knew someone once who had a terrific recipe for that. It looked easy to make, and was delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.