Saturday 24 January 2009

The little wife at home

Maiyuu probably won't bake for the shop I found in Thon Buri. A taxi fare there is B80, and he would have to send any baking he did to the shop by taxi. 'It's hardly worth it,' he says.

The shop would add its own (minimal) mark-up, and reserves the right to send back any food it cannot sell. Maiyuu and the shop's owner Wirut (Wut) have yet to talk, but already Maiyuu is going off the idea.

'Why don't you bring your friend...oops, boyfriend...here one night when you come?' Wut asked nervously last week.

A couple of times, he had asked me about my 'wife' , so I thought I had better set him straight.

Wut says he is an open-minded fellow. However, he still tiptoes around the issue carefully, as he thinks it might be a sensitive matter.

'He rarely leaves home, and hardly ever with me,' I told Wut.

'However, when you have finished making the changes to the shop, I will give you his number, and the two of you can talk,' I suggested.

Wut plans to add a small extension to the shop, to create more selling space. He could offer bakery from Maiyuu, sushi, coffee and packed fruit to customers as they pass on the street.

Maiyuu is still as busy as ever in the kitchen...last night, he made a lemon cream and coconut cake roll, followed by a chocolate cake. 'You have a talent for cooking and baking - I wish other people could see it and appreciate it,' I tell him.

'Never mind - I don't have to show other people. I am happy cooking for you and my friends at home,' he said.

10 comments:

  1. How much weight have you gained, with the Galloping Gourmet in your home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gained weight, but thankfully not a huge amount. I will try to lose it over the next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gained almost 20 lbs this year...not because my bf is an amazing chef(even though he works at a restaurant) but because i am very good at cooking and love to feed my little Thai boy, who has gained 15 lbs himself. How did you manage to thwart the weight gain?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way to a man's heart Kevo, is through his stomach. :)- Ian, who looks pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha- This is very true. My man enjoys my cooking very much ;)
    He jokes about his baby that is due any day! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first cup of the day is the best...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kevo33:

    I jog every day, which helps. However, even better, I am permanently stressed, or always worried about something. My body doesn't have as much energy as it needs to put on huge amounts of weight.

    Faraway Friend: First cup of what?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exercise, diet control, and the right amount of sleep are all important for controlling weight- also making sure you are not 'eating your feelings,' because food is often a substitute for other emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BKKD, was referring to the pretty picture of the boy in the kitchen.

    Glad you boys are getting along better now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've started thinking good about your Maiyuu ;)

    Hope it wouldn't be a real "maiyuu".

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.