Friday 17 April 2009

Thailand? Bring it on! (aka Boyfriend gets reprieve)

I have decided to stay with Maiyuu. He deserves nothing less, as he comes from a poor family, and doesn't have my advantages.

I could kick myself now when I consider how foolish I have been.

Why question love, when it feels so unambiguous?

Why ponder retirement, when it will happen as night follows day.

I may as well be poor, living with Maiyuu, than relatively well-off, but alone in the West. Love conquers all, even an empty bank balance.

--
I read the comments, and realise that some of my readers were UNHAPPY about the recent series of posts on whether I should stay with the boyfriend or go back to the West.

Thailand has not felt the same lately, I wrote, since my return from a recent trip to Malaysia.
I suspect my love for Maiyuu was simply at a low ebb, so everything around me looked black.

Now that we have rekindled our love for each other, Thailand looks just as bright, breezy, and wonderful as it did on the very first day when I set foot on its soil.

I should get down and kiss the ground, the way former leader Thaksn Shinawatra once did, after returning to Thailand from a brief period of exile abroad (he's now in exile again).

2 comments:

  1. Kevo3316 April 2009 at 19:09
    Well, look who got some :P
    haha
    Glad to hear it!

    ReplyDelete

    swtbun16 April 2009 at 19:25
    I am a new reader and I rather enjoy reading your posts. I am so glad you made a decision. Love truely conquers all, but only real love does, and it seems you have found it.

    I love your reflections and the truthfulness you present. I will be an avid reader!

    ReplyDelete

    neil16 April 2009 at 20:36
    Did I miss something? What brought this about? He just said one line to you and now everything is okay?

    Did you take care of that ear infection? It may have gone deeper.

    ReplyDelete

    Anonymous16 April 2009 at 21:28
    Just keep on posting the cute Asian boys!

    ReplyDelete

    j@k317 April 2009 at 02:26
    c'est la vie~

    Of course we do face ups and downs. But hey, i agree with u. Why not stay together when u two loved each other?

    don't have to worry about what happens tomorrow ^_^

    ReplyDelete

    kopichai17 April 2009 at 03:16
    LoL.... DRAMA QUEEN?

    ReplyDelete

    Doug17 April 2009 at 04:54
    "I may as well be poor, living here with Maiyuu, than relatively well off but alone in the West. Love conquers all, even an empty bank balance."

    Too bad the Thais we love don't think the same way. If and when you are poor, will Maiyuu stay around?

    ReplyDelete

    Bkkdreamer17 April 2009 at 06:44
    Swtbun: Thank you, and welcome.

    Jake: I agree, if we love each other, we may as well stay together. I would miss his little face if I left.

    ReplyDelete

    Z17 April 2009 at 07:47
    IS it now a good time to travel back to Bangkok? I want to have a break already.....

    ReplyDelete

    Bkkdreamer17 April 2009 at 08:16
    Yes.

    ReplyDelete

    Anonymous17 April 2009 at 17:32
    I love reading your blog and I've been an avid reader for about a year now. I have decided to leave a comment because I'm really glad that you've decided to stay with Maiyuu. I think this line from the song I'd Rather by Luther Vandross fits your decision well. Here it is "I'd rather be beside you in a storm, than safe and warm by myself
    I'd rather have hard times together, than to have it easy apart
    I'd rather have the one who holds my heart". I wish you and Maiyuu all the best! - Richard D., Philippines

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOTCHA!17 April 2009 at 19:10
    Hi,

    I am BRENT YIU and I read all kinds of blogs.

    I am interested in connecting with you as I am working with a film production house in BANGKOK. It would be interesting to collaborate on whatever and keep-in-touch on Thai going-ons of course, on a friendly basis.

    I have 2 blogs on ASIAN SHOW BUSINESS.

    www.koolcampus.wordpress.com (1 year old)

    www.reallykool.blogspot.com (3 months)

    My personal email is

    brentkooleyefilms@gmail.com

    As I work from BANGKOK out to the rest of ASIA in terms of film production support, I am SINCERELY interested in extending my friendship.

    I have no bad intentions,

    Thank you,

    BRENT YIU

    ReplyDelete

    Bkkdreamer17 April 2009 at 19:41
    Anon(Richard D): Thank you. I am sure you're right.

    I can't really leave when I still love the guy. Maybe love really does conquer all, as they say -including common sense!

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.