Tuesday 11 August 2009

Coming down with a bug

Maiyuu and I both appear to be coming down with a bug. We do not feel too ‘functional’ at the moment.

When I am sick, I like to talk about it. The boyfriend prefers to shut down and sleep.

After spending the last two days sleeping on and off most of the day, today he declares he is feeling better. I hope it lasts.

My bug is still coming, I fear.

When I am sick, I also like to talk to myself. Last night I was sitting in bad chattering to myself once every few minutes, which is up from my usual rate of a few times an hour.

‘You must be getting sick,’ I told myself. Why else would I be chattering alone in such a busy fashion?

I hope my brain has some good topics lined up. An old wives tale says ‘Three days to get a bug, three days to have it, and three days to lose it’.

I am only on day three, which means I have another six days left to go. Will the stock of conversation topics last? If it doesn’t, I might have to start repeating myself. But if I am that sick, probably I won’t notice.

1 comment:

  1. 6 comments:

    Anonymous11 August 2009 at 00:18
    l too am up to my eyeballs in painkillers due to a trapped nerve. Posting is hell.
    l hope you get well soon BD.
    Wilko.

    ReplyDelete

    Bkkdreamer11 August 2009 at 01:59
    Wilko: I am sorry to hear that. Pinched optic nerves are awful. I hope you get better soon too.

    ReplyDelete

    Anonymous11 August 2009 at 03:26
    lol. 'up to my eyeballs' is an expression here meaning a lot of. The trapped nerve is in my neck and is crippling.
    l miss posting but l'll be back!
    Wilko x

    ReplyDelete

    Yraen11 August 2009 at 08:33
    Wilko, been there, done that.
    1. Lie across the end of your bed and let your head hand over the side, breathe deeply and let your muscles relax.
    2. Seated or standing, point the top of your head at the ceiling and stretch upwards as though you are trying to touch the ceiling with your pate.
    3. Go see a chiropractor.

    Dreamer, I have refrained from commenting on the new site, letting myself get used to it. And I can't. If it was my blog (and it ain't) I would be using 2/3 of the 'white space' for blogging and the side-bar for all the links etc etc. Just a good-will thought.

    Of course, I will keep reading your thoughts, regardless.
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

    Bkkdreamer11 August 2009 at 18:46
    Yraen: Like you, I am not happy about the fact that only 1/3 of the space is dedicated to blog posts.

    I might move back to the original template, or look for another one which gives me more space to write in.

    ReplyDelete

    Anonymous12 August 2009 at 00:18
    Yraen, thanks for the advise, l have listened and will act accordingly. :)
    Wilko

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.