Tuesday 18 September 2007

AF4: A boy much loved (part 2, final)

Pit's brother Wit says he cannot yet accept his brother is dead. He has left a boisterous message, full of colloquial, familiar Thai.

'Hey, I can't accept you are gone. Come back and see me, so we can chase those dreams together. I'm waiting, bro!

'With you gone, who shall I sing with? Who will teach me? I am learning guitar, so you can sing. Please - bring my brother back.'

Elsewhere, he left something more poetic:
You are part of me.
You are part of my dreams.
We are part of each other forever.
You are part of me.
There is no way I could ever abandon you.
There will never be a day when we are apart.

His elder sister, Tan, left a message saying Pit was still his old handsome self, as his facial features were not harmed. He was now resting at a temple in Bangkok.

'I will smile at you every day. I will be strong. You don't have to worry: I will look after Dad, Mum and Wit. I just want you to rest. You will be in our hearts forever. I love you very much. Don't forget to come and see me, na.'

Pit wasn't the only one to die, of course. The boy who posted above recalling his auditions with Pit and Wit, said the parents of a friend of his perished on the same flight.

You can see the audition video which Pit made for AF (link harvested - it died). He sings beautifully - I am amazed he was not chosen for the show. He starts off with a brief introduction then goes on to sing a fast-paced song, and a slow ballad.

Even before the tragedy, the clip was well-viewed. At the time of writing, more than 55,400 people have viewed it. When I started writing this piece, the tally stood at 49,000. That's Pit, with his twin brother, older sister, and Dad above.

Pit was well-loved, as his brother remarked in another message left at Pantip. May his soul rest in peace.

1 comment:

  1. It is heart wrenching when someone close to you dies, and even more heart wrenching when he is someone young with his whole life in front of him. I hope his family will find peace and acceptance because they are the ones that will feel his absence the strongest.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.