Tuesday 29 April 2008

Blog turns 2


This blog is now two years old. The second anniversary passed on April 27, with 1,500 posts on the board. I would have mentioned it then, but I forgot.

In the last 12 months, I appear to have lost my libido, and now I am losing my memory as well. Relax, I tell myself: these are but two of the pleasures of getting old!

So, what do the next 12 months hold in store?

If I can remember how to do it, I shall scan more images of Thai guys. Boyfriend Maiyuu buys plenty of magazines, but they have never been scanned, because he doesn't want me tearing them up.

I can understand that, but if I can work out how to scan images without having to rip apart the magazine, I shall go ahead and do so.

I hope Bangkok of the Mind continues to make readers happy. As always, comments are welcome. Here's to year three!

7 comments:

  1. bangkok of the mind has given us, an outsider, a very compelling cross section of bangkok, its people, mannerisms and attitudes. please continue posting engaging stories and cheers to more blogging anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading your blog for a couple of weeks now...love the news about daras and of course, pictures! Thanks for all the insightful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! A fine body of work. I looked high and low for a pic of a cute guy jumping out of a cake to mark the occasion, but alas I couldn't find. - Ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 years. wow. congrats! i'll be visiting more often. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the positive comments, particularly from Mr Loudcloud and Uncle Ian.

    Loudcloud is a recent discovery. Mr Ian has now graduated from 'loyal reader' to 'Uncle' status.

    Ian is a constant source of encouragement, not to mention terrific pictures. Loudcloud inspires me with his energetic use of the English language.

    Thank you, gentlemen both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 Years! Holy lollipops! Keep up the good work! I love your blog, I visit your sister blog and your main blog religiously since I discovered them 3 months ago.

    I'm always entertain when I come by. Maybe it's the writing (well it is) or the culture that I don't understand, either way it's fun to read.


    lyn-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lyn,

    Thank you so much. I am a daily visitor to your blog, too. In providing English-language accounts of what happens on Thai soap operas, and the off-screen exploits of their stars, you provide a valuable service to your readers.

    Not only that, you have a great sense of humour. Or as you put it yourself the other day: Holy marshmellows with melted chocolate, strawberry jam filled donut!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.