Saturday 6 February 2010

Layers of love


Maiyuu is bent over the rubbish bin, peeling an onion.

He has a sore back, weeping eyes...

I remember peeling onions, back in the days when I cooked.

While we have money, Maiyuu toils in the kitchen, making beautiful food for us to eat.

When pay runs short, he sleeps on the sofa in front of the TV – for days, if necessary, waiting for my pay day to come again.

But for the rest of the time, he is busy trying to make me happy.

Yes, he might enjoy making food anyway, as it’s a way of releasing creative energy.

But really, it’s how he shows his love.

We don’t do it in the sack, but at the kitchen table instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.