Sunday 31 October 2010

Unwelcome house guest


Farang C has bought Maiyuu a gift to say sorry for the drama he has caused over the last few weeks.

My farang friend is going out with a Thai girl whose former boyfriend, a local ruffian called Ton, wants her back - or it at least intent on making her life as much of a misery as possible.

Ton and farang C have yet to meet, and I am only tenuously connected to this tug-of-love drama.

Ton calls asking me to pass messages to his former girlfriend.

When she refuses to talk to him, he sends me text messages threatening to do me or Maiyuu harm.

I met Ton a few weeks ago at my condo complex. Farang C lives at the same condo as me, but in a different building.

He demanded that I show him inside my place, as he suspected I was hiding his girlfriend on farang C's behalf.

'We lead a gay lifestyle...you won't find any women here,' I told him.

He wasn't convinced. 'Why do you live with a gay, anyway?' he asked sulkily, scratching his groin as we made our way up in the lift.

Reluctantly, I showed him inside.

Maiyuu was unhappy to see Ton at the door. I had no chance to warn Maiyuu that I was 'inviting' in Ton for a quick look around.

Ton entered without bothering to introduce himself.

Maiyuu knew Ton as the pest who had been trying to track down his former girlfriend, but the two had never met.

'I know you are attracted to him...what's going on?' Maiyuu asked me, as Ton started opening doors and looking in hideaway places.

'He insisted I bring him here,' I explained.

As Ton let himself into our bedrooms, even searched in wardrobes, plain-spoken Maiyuu, who is scared of no one, sniped at our unwelcome guest.

'Just who do you think you are, barging into someone else's place?' he asked.

'Take your problems somewhere else!'

Ton looked embarrassed, and mumbled an apology, but didn't let that deter him.

Maiyuu followed him around as he went from room to room.

When Ton yanked opened a shoe cupboard (surprise!), he said caustically:

'You really think you'll find anyone big enough to fit in there?'

Five minutes later, Ton left, satisfied that I wasn't giving shelter to his girlfriend in the shoe cupboard or anywhere else.

I spent the next half hour apologising to Maiyuu for the intrusion, and insisting I really didn't find Ton that attractive.

'I let him in under duress,' I said limply.

Farang C is sorry for the upset he has caused.

The other day, he bought Maiyuu a bottle of gin by way of making amends.

I don't know why we settled on this particular tipple, as Maiyuu hardly ever drinks it.

1 comment:

  1. 11 comments:

    Anonymous31 October 2010 at 06:56
    A neighborhood tough has now gone through your apartment and seen everything you have. And touched everything, so that if your place mysteriously get broken into in the near future, the presence of his fingerprints will mean nothing. And after the bicycle incident, you can expect the place's "security guards" to help the thieves load up the truck.

    ReplyDelete

    Bkkdreamer31 October 2010 at 07:04
    You are a cheerful little soul, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete

    Anonymous31 October 2010 at 08:08
    Great story. Beautiful photos. Love your blog
    Fran

    ReplyDelete

    Anonymous31 October 2010 at 09:08
    this could be a way of "casing the joint"...but you already know c well and the truth....but ano been round the block very observant even tho maybe not true

    ReplyDelete

    Bkkdreamer31 October 2010 at 18:28
    Fran: Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

    Michael Lomker31 October 2010 at 18:49
    Loving Maiyuu in this story! You seem to attract drama, my life isn't this exciting by half.

    ReplyDelete

    Hendrikbkk31 October 2010 at 19:35
    I think Maiyuu knows you well! If Ton was an ugly bastard you for sure told him to get lost, isn't it? And your police friend was right also!

    ReplyDelete

    Bkkdreamer1 November 2010 at 08:54
    Michael: I would prefer my life was a little more balanced.

    Until recently, work was not stimulating enough, and nor was my private life, even with Mr Ball's excesses.

    Now my private life is way too exciting, thanks to groin scratcher Ton, and work is hotting up too.

    ReplyDelete

    Bkkdreamer1 November 2010 at 08:55
    Hendrik: I must admit I like Ton's looks.

    I even feel sorry for him at times, though I tell myself that is unrelated to how I feel about him physically.

    Lately he has been bad. In fact, I think he needs a good slap on the backside. Would he let me get away with it?

    ReplyDelete

    Anonymous1 November 2010 at 19:17
    Nice turn of events which make this blog very original & interesting. Keep it up. Eduard

    ReplyDelete

    Bkkdreamer1 November 2010 at 19:24
    Thank you, Eduard.

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.