Sunday 7 January 2007

Thai life: Bin and gone


Walking around in my local shopping mall today, I could not find a single rubbish bin. Nor could I locate any immediately outside the mall, though I did spot a couple of black rubbish bags, left open on the ground.

This appears to be a new security response to the city bomb threat. Twelve months or so, I noticed the old painted metal bins in town had been replaced with clear plastic bins, to deter would-be bombers from dropping objects inside. Now there are none at all.

You notice these things when you are carrying around an old apple core. I ate the apple on my journey to the mall, but then found I had nowhere to put the core. In the end I brought it home with me instead.

1 comment:

  1. Hope everything is fine over there in Bkk. Very woried coz my bf is there at this very moment. Gosh, why did I even send him to the airport the other day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.