Saturday 29 December 2007

Christmas from Hell (1)


'I thought we would be together forever,' Maiyuu told me sadly, after a bitter argument on Boxing Day.

He was packing his belongings, after I invited him to leave. Those sad words haunted me, as I contemplated a life without my boyfriend of more than seven years.

In the previous 12 hours he had alternatively threatened to enter the monkhood for life, or kill himself, after I told him that I would rather live alone.

'I was close to my mother. When she died, I could not see the point in carrying on alone, as no one else loved me as much as she did.

'We did everything together. When I lost her, I wanted to follow her to the place where she is now. If you go, I will have no one again,' he said.

Maiyuu usually threatens desperate measures when we argue and I tell him to leave. At the time, I respond angrily, because I don't like being blackmailed emotionally. Later, I realise that he says these things because he means them.

When we argue, I usually resort to one of two options: I threaten to return overseas, or I invite him to leave. They are designed to persuade Maiyuu to change his ways, but they do not always work.

now, see part 2

3 comments:

  1. Not so good ending to 2007 - but sometimes be alone for a while is better. Im sure kind man like you will find somebody better than him. No point spending another 7 years if things are still the same. Tough call, but its life... -BS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you're showing sense, I must say. Someone who can speak Thai as you can must have better options than a life of no sex with some shifty, probably unemployed roommate who steals over 60,000B from him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely correct in not allowing him to emotionally blackmail you. Stick to your guns, no matter how difficult it will be.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.