Monday 18 February 2008

Thai home decorator (2)



Earlier, I had suggested that Maiyuu invite the painters and floor-layers to our place to take a look.

He said it was not necessary. He gave them the floor measurements for our place, but that was all.

'Do they need to meet one another?' I asked.

Again, no.

Shortly after work began, however, the two-man painting team discovered there was more to this job than they expected.

Maiyuu had thought that no primer or undercoat was necessary, but without it, the paint streaked. The painters quoted B2000 a day, for three days, but with undercoating now needed, that would have to be extended.

Then, the paint itself ran out, and Maiyuu lacked the money to buy more. He had to wait until pay day, which fell one day before my return, before he could buy fresh supplies.

On the floor-laying front, more floor tiles were also needed, as they, too, ran out.

The same day, Maiyuu sent me a plaintive email, which reached me overseas, three hours before I was due to catch my flight home.

'Please bring B15,000 with you - we may need it, as most of your pay has now been spent,' he said.

now, see part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.