Friday 12 June 2009

Autumn leaves, Darth Vader condo

'Don't you want to get up, and function as my handsome boyfriend, or maybe the gay girl of the house?' I asked Maiyuu this morning.

He had left his bedroom some time before I woke, and curled up on the couch in front of the television to sleep some more.

'I'm too old!' he complained.

'Get in line - I'm older, and deserve more sympathy,' I replied.

See, I told you we are both ageing fast.

Here's another old person's (okay, classic) song which I have enjoyed in the last 24 hours: Cole Porter's Every Time We Say Goodbye, which is so painless you don't even know the song has passed until it ends.

More nostalgia? Edith Piaf's Autumn Leaves. Can you believe that when I was a teenager, I bought an album of original Edith Piaf songs?

-
Farang C left a glossy brochure for a condo outside my door last night. It's for a new 20-storey, 187-unit condo, the Ivy Residences (awful name) in Pin Khlao.

We know Pin Khlao well, as we used to drink there. 'It makes the place look so attractive, when we know it's not,' he said.

The brochure makes much of the view, but not a single daylight shot appears in any of its eight pages. All pictures are taken at night, when we can't see just how chocked up the traffic gets in that part of town.

Pin Khlao has no skytrain or subway service - it's part of the old Bangkok, which City Hall appears to have forgotten.

The one-bedroom executive suite is tiny - just 40-48 sq m.

The two-bedroom presidential suite is better: 78-90 sq m. The condo's website, which is also cloaked in darkness, is here (link harvested - it died).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.