Wednesday 19 December 2007

Watch out - Mum's coming (6, final)

The next night...

Mum settled our argument in a face-saving Thai way. When I turned up at her shop the night after our row over the football, Mum had made me something to eat.

'I made that myself,' she said.

Normally, if Mum cooks, she makes something for everyone, but in this case, she made the dish - shrimp paste fried rice - just for me.

Neither of us apologised, as it wasn't necessary.

'Tasty?' she asked, when I finished.

'Delicious,' I said.

That's Thai for 'thanks'. That wasn't necessary, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.