Sunday 16 August 2009

Self-healing computer

My computer is working again. Thank you to those readers who left messages or emailed with advice on how to fix it. In the end, it repaired itself. For two days, the VDU refused to display. However, last night it came back to life.

The screen lit up. A message also appeared, in which the computer told me that it had noticed I was having problems getting started. It told me to sit patiently while it repaired itself. That took another couple of minutes.

I like computers which repair themselves. Maiyuu had found a repairman who visits at home, and was on the verge of calling him. I asked Maiyuu to wait, and turned on the computer one last time, just to see what would happen.

My HP rewarded me for my patience by diagnosing and repairing itself. Maybe it was missing me.

Well done, my little HP. I’ll hang on to you for a while yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.