Tuesday 29 September 2009

Ticking-off over breakfast


‘When will you eat that beef dish?’ asked Maiyuu.

He pointed at a dish we bought at the market yesterday. It is full of bones, and has no meat. It is also laced with chili.

‘I don’t like the look of it,’ I said over breakfast.

‘Well, you insisted we buy it...it cost B30!’ he said.

This is a good illustration of why, as I was saying yesterday, I should leave the food buying to Maiyuu. He knows when he is getting quality. This dumb foreigner doesn’t.

‘You farang always go for dishes you think look attractive. You don’t look at them carefully,’ he said.

’I don’t know how they have the nerve to sell it. There’s no meat on those bones, and it is stringy and sinewy,’I said.

‘Some Thais like to suck the bones,’ he said, passing me a dish of dried fish.

‘Here, eat this. Fish is good for your brain,’ he said. ‘You can do with the help.'

1 comment:

  1. Ray Pinkerton5 October 2009 at 05:53
    Hahahahaha. I loved Maiyuu's oh so polite insult. Eat more fish. ROFL

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, in English or Thai (I can't read anything else). Anonymous posting is discouraged, unless you'd like to give yourself a name at the bottom of your post, so we can tell who you are.